Welcome!

I'm so glad you stopped by! What you will find here are musings from my own personal Bible study, quotes from authors whose work I respect and other random items I come across. I am a Christian woman, the wife of a pastor, and the mother of four teenagers/adults. My deepest desire in life is to live a life that points those around me to the cross of Jesus.



Thursday, February 03, 2011

It never fails . . .

I shared in an earlier post that God was stirring someting in me in response to the S.H.A.P.E. I had just completed. Hubby and I had a rather extensive conversation about that stirring and I began to put some specific words to what I was feeling and started dreaming big. Within days of that conversation, my kids were in conflict with one another and I allowed myself to get dragged in. From there, the enemy took over and began to point out all the reasons that God couldn't use me. All of them are things that I have been forgiven for so I do no need to carry the burden of them any longer. But I was only to willing to pick them up again and feel overwhelmed by how unfit I was.

Isn't that just like the enemy?! When he sees us getting ready to move for the kingdom, he throws up every roadblock he can think of and, if possible, he fights dirty. He loves to hit us in all those soft spots that he knows will slow us or stop us. I wish I could tell you that I have completely overcome his attack. The truth is yesterday was pretty good and today has started out pretty well. It's not going to be easy but I am NOT backing down from the direction God is leading regardless of how hard the enemy tries to make me feel unworthy. I know I'm unworthy which makes the fact that my Abba wants to use me all the more amazing!!!

No comments: